The Society for U.S. Intellectual History announces the open call for candidates to serve as S-USIH officers, with terms that cover June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018. We encourage members who are interested to self-nominate by Ray Haberski at email@example.com.
The offices open during this election are listed below and descriptions of these offices can be found in the society’s constitution:
Chair of Publications Committee
Chair, Conference 2019
Chair, Conference 2020
S-USIH ELECTIONS PROCESS, 2017
1. All S-USIH members are eligible to run for the offices listed in the organization’s constitution
2. Members who wish to run for office will be encouraged to self-nominate.
3. If a member is nominated by another member, nominators are encouraged to consult the nominee before making the nomination. The S-USIH secretary will confirm those nominations made by a second party.
4. The nomination process will open on April 24 and close May 15.
5. Candidates will not be notified who they are running against until the nomination period closes
6. There will be two reminders regarding the nominating process
7. The ballot will be made public on May 16.
8.. Candidates will be encouraged to submit brief statements to firstname.lastname@example.org, no more than 200-250 words, explaining their professional service and vision for S-USIH. These statements can include links to other pages with information on thecandidates (such as personal and professional webpages)
9. The secretary will post these statements to the organization’s website
10. Official voting will open May 16 and close May 23
11. The voting will be done electronically (more information to follow)
12. Elections results will be posted to the organization’s website by May 24
13. New office holders will take their positions on June 1
Tags: 2017 elections